Revised Meetings & Rehearsals
All meetings are held in the Church Hall (Magdalen Hall) of St George’s Church, St George’s Square, Barbourne, Worcester WR1 1HX.
Meetings start at 6:30 pm and go on to 8:30/9:00 pm. Normally we have a break for tea and biscuits, but in the new normal you’ll have to bring your own! There will be no concert this year, of course, due to Coronavirus. We intend to refresh the pieces already written and arranged for this year, plus members will be able to play solos, duos and talk about techniques and performance.
There will be COVID-19 precautions in place - masks will be compulsory, we will maintain social distancing and cleaning/sanitising procedures will be in place. Our Secretary Carol Postlethwaite can provide full details and any updates of all these procedures, please make contact via our Contact Page, or follow the link above.
Please see the below the procedures we are currently establishing to ensure everyone’s safety.
1. Please provide our Secretary, Carol Postlethwaite with a contact telephone number, by email in advance. This is to ensure we can contact people easily should someone develop symptoms later. Please advise any contact changes so our information is up-to-date.
2. Face coverings must be worn at all times whilst inside the building. Please let Carol know by email if for some reason you are exempt from face coverings.
3. Please DO NOT attend a meeting if you or anyone in your household has had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 10 days and if you develop symptoms within 10 days of visiting the Hall you must alert other members with whom you have been in contact.
4. Windows and doors must be kept open for ventilation, so please bring warm clothes!
5. If you are aged 70 or over, be aware that you are likely to be more clinically vulnerable to Covid-19. For all our sakes, everyone should maintain 2m social distancing, especially when entering and exiting the building and using the toilet facilities.
6. There is a one-way system for entering; through the glass door into the lobby and exiting through a glass door out of the Hall onto the grass of the Quiet Garden. Please read the signs on the doors.
7. We will not be able to use the kitchen, so please bring a flask and biscuits if you wish.
8. Procedures for sharing instruments (requinto and bass guitars) will be discussed at the first meeting. We may decide not to share these instruments.
9. We are responsible for sanitising everything before we leave: door handles, light switches, windows, equipment used, tables and chairs. Toilets: toilet handles and seats, wash basins, surfaces likely to be touched. We must also take away all rubbish, e.g. tissues, used paper towels and cloths.
10. All members should use the hand sanitiser provided on entering and exiting the building and after using tissues. It would be helpful if all members were to bring their own hand sanitiser.
11. We will establish a small team of volunteers to do the sanitising at the end of the meeting, with one person responsible for checking that everything has been done.